Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Popsugar Must Have June 2013



This month's Popsugar Must Have box has arrived quite early. Yay for an early box! This month's theme is about keeping fit for summer while adding some light easy to use things for your wardrobe. 

First Impressions
Upon first impressions, I have to say it looks like an okay box. Nothing too fancy. Then again, I did spoil myself with a few spoilers over at Makeup Talk. So maybe that's why I was expecting a little more.

The first item is a a large zuma scarf by Gorjana & Griffin ($62.00). The quality is very light and thin - just right for summer. The style is a very summery nautical. I could see myself using this. In addition to the scarf, they also provided a $25 gift card to the website. Upon browsing the site, I realized there might be a couple things I would want from there. It's quite expensive but with the GC, it's pretty affordable.



This next product is by Juice Beauty ($65). I have to say this is what I was most excited for. I love trying out really high products without breaking budget. It came with 2 Correction creams in 2 different colors. I love that they've sent it in two colors because, let's face it, we're not all the same color! Warm Glow looks like a perfect match for me! Yay for something that matches my skin tone! I'm going to have to do a full review of these products later on. The Stem Cellular Repair Moisturizer comes in a really unique jar. More pictures in a later post.

The first product picked up was Indiana Fit Popcorn in Onion Dijon (About $5.00). It's not bad - a little bland but nothing I wouldn't eat.

The next product is a workout video: Hard Candy Fitness DVD - Addicted to Sweat 4 ($20). I haven't popped this into my computer yet. I'll let you know if I see results with it.
 The next product is Project 7 Quench the Thirsty Watergreen Mints ($1.79). I like the packaging and the cause. According to the pamphlet, "By choosing Project & Quench the Thirsty products, we are helping to provide clean water to people in need."

The last product is a book called Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger ($15.00). I haven't really read the first one, nor have I seen the movie, but I will give this book a run through.






Overall: So far this months box was okay. I always find that they have one product I'm very particular to loving. In this months box, I'm very excited to try out Juice Beauty products. The total retail worth of those products alone is $65 - which is pretty much double the cost of the box. So that makes this months box pretty worth it for me. Also the scarf looks very cute and fun to wear in the summer. Especially since we've been having some cold June weather once in a while.

 

Do you subscribe to Popsugar? 
Are you think about subscribing? 
What do you think of this months box?

Don't have a blog? Stay connected with bloglovin'!
bloglovin  |  pinterest  |  twitter 


12 comments:

  1. Aww, thank you so much Shayne. :D And aww, I really appreciate you saying that. Now following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey lynn i just wanna say that you have a really nice blog. i like the fresh layout and you take beautiful pics as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the US. I'm not really sure if it ships to Australia. But this is the link. And I'll definitely check out your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! Thank you so much Sierra! :D I'll definitely check out your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a cool box brand. Are you in Australia, is it an Australian box? :)

    New blog post: http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/revlon-nail-art-3d-jewel-appliques-wild.html Would appreciate a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to check out Popsugar! Great post! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my blog post about it! (: xx
    http://stylishlysierra.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup! That's actually a really unique thing about Popsugar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I didnt know popsugar beauty boxes comes with books! Ive never actually heard of popsugar now I am curious about subscribing to them. I do subscribe to Ipsy tho =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kallie. Their boxes really are unique. You never know what to expect in the next month. I think this might be my last box in awhile for them though. Not because the box is bad, but because I'm kind of accumulating things that need to be used first. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Sockwun! I'm really touched. :)
    And thanks for subscribing! Now following you back through gfc and bloglovin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Lynn!

    I have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award!
    http://extraextravagant.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-kreativ-blogger-award.html

    xoxo
    Sockwun
    ExtraExtravagant.bs.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't subscribe to Popsugar but I've been wanting to for awhile! Their boxes are so incredible!
    Kallie, But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every message written here. Blog Links are welcome. I love discovering new blogs. :)

Back to Top
back to top