Sunday, June 9, 2013

Too Faced Air Buffed BB Cream Review


I've been wanting to try a really good BB cream lately. After swatching everything at Sephora for a little bit, I decided to pick this up because of it's swatch in store. The swatch came out full coverage, not cakey at all, and very smooth. I checked Sephora and makeupalley for reviews, but at the time, it was still new and there were no reviews just yet. I decided to take my chances with this one.





Packaging: (5/5)
The packaging is very cute and genius. That bow right above the jar is the brush. I think it's perfect for traveling and pretty convenient. The jar itself is pretty sturdy, simple and cute. Nothing wrong over here.







 

Brush: (2/5)
 The brush feels very soft - maybe a little too soft. It's packaged in a way that makes traveling easy and closure simple without breaking the bristles. Unfortunately, it really doesn't pick up any of the BB Cream - not even a little bit. I think it's pointless to put a non-functioning brush with a product. This brush could probably work better with loose powder. I gave it an extra point because the brush itself isn't bad. It's that together, they really aren't compatible.



 Formula (1/5):
The BB Cream has a hard waxy consistency. I don't know why I didn't notice this during the swatch in store, but it's really hard. It makes application a little bit trickier because you really have to dig in hard to get product. When applied to my face, I don't know why, but it caked like crazy. I decided to put primer underneath and it still caked, but not as bad. Also, it feels heavy. Like thick and heavy and that you have something on your face and want to get it off kind of heavy.


Wear Time:  (4/5)
Wear time was particularly long for me. I think I had it on for about 6 hours before taking it off. (Could not stand the heavy feel.) It could probably last long if I hadn't taken it off. I think this would be better for people with oily skin who want something to stay. It feels like the kind of product that would stay through a hot day.

Overall: (3/5)
I'm not particularly pleased with this one. If you have dry skin, skip out on this. Perhaps oilier-skinned people would have a better time. As for a BB Cream, I'm not sure that this is what a BB Cream is. Again, maybe I should just avoid Western BB Cream because brands may or may not understand the functioning of a bb cream. This one's more of a foundation leaning towards concealer when it comes to consistency.


Do you have this product? 
If so, how do you like it?
Are you thinking of getting?

Don't have a blog? Stay connected with bloglovin'!
bloglovin  |  pinterest  |  twitter 


22 comments:

  1. Very nice! I hope it works out for you! I feel like BB and CC creams now-a-days are the hot thing, but very hard to fine a perfect one. I hope this works out for you! And I definitely will! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your reply :) I received 'Rachel K' CC cream samples in a beauty box subscription this month so I'm going to try that, it states that it's 'non'oily, so I'll see how that goes. Please do take a look at my new post :)
    http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/lust-have-it-june-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you might not like this one either. This one would probably be too heavy too. And as for one with a matte finish, I don't really know of any. Usually bb creams I've seen give you a dewy finish. But if I do find one, I'll be sure to let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good review! I love honest reviews. I'm still on the look out for a good BB cream. I always find that they make my skin feel oily, I have an oily complexion so I find that bb creams just make this worse. Maybe I can't use them, but I would like to find one with a matte finish. Anyone know of any? :)

    http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah... I really wanted to like this. Especially since it was my first "bb cream." But I'd just be lying to myself. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disappointing ;( I've only seen bad reviews about this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll let you know if I come across one!! I feel like the hunt for a great bb cream is always going on. Especially since it's so new in the US. I'm guessing it's better to stick with the original creators of the bb cream. I think my next venture is going to be with a Korean brand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah it really did look amazing. Even in the store it swatched amazing! But maybe it was a trick of the lighting or something. I have yet to try a liquid bb cream. I'm sure a liquid version would probably be better now that I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I've been on the lookout for a good bb cream but I can't seem to find one ): I tried the skin79 bb cream and clinque bb cream and neither of them really met my expectations. Let me know if you ever come across a good one! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks amazing but I'm sorry to hear you don't like the heavy feel. I prefer regular liquid bb creams, my only experience with cream foundation hasn't been soo good either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with you Shari! I should've done that from the beginning. I've swatched some korean brands before and none seem to match my color. Maybe in the future, they'll have colors for darker people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the heads up - Im not partcularly fond of BB creams and this one looks like it's not even a BB cream, just a shmancy foundation! I think if you wanna try BB creams, either go for Korean brands or dont get one at all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally know what you mean! I feel like western ones are very much tinted moisturizers with different names. I really want an Asian one but there are two problems. 1.) They're so hard to come by. 2.) I'm almost always too dark for their colors. :( Boo. But one day, hopefully, I'll find one that I'll like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the review! I was curious abou tthis but I won't be picking it up! Western makeup brands just don't get BB cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a coralllllll!!! I think you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I might have to swatch that in store. Lol, still looking for coral lippies. xD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sighs all around! :/ By the by, there was a coral lip color that reminded me of you. . . Do you like Too Faced La Creme lipsticks? They are VERY moisturizing! I will do a review on a nude one I bought yesterday, but I think you'll like the Juicy Melons shade I spotted!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah, it was very surprising to find a waxy consistency. And lol, don't be sorry! Lol. I think that tinted moisturizer had better reviews too. I should've checked reviews before purchasing. But meh, in the future, I'll know better. Thanks Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  19. No, there was no grey cast. The color was a perfect match - possible because it was slightly sheer. But yeah, I really wanted to love this product. :/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww bummer!! I saw this yesterday at Sephora, and I didn't want to believe it was a BB Cream because the packaging, while cute, is so unhygienic! Ahh!! How was the color selection, by the way? Was there a grey cast or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi ya Lynn!

    I love BB creams they are so light and hel moisturize and protect your skin. I was surprised to know that the Two Faced BB cream had a waxy consistency since it is supposed to be a BB cream which are usually lightweight and moisturizing. I am sorry this BB cream did not work out for you! I have been liking the positively radiant tinted moisturizer broad specturm 30 for when I want a little bit more coverage. :0)

    Great Post!

    Abby :0)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every message written here. Blog Links are welcome. I love discovering new blogs. :)

Back to Top
back to top